Have you ever thought about tinting the windows of your car? Tinted windows certainly look good, but is there any real gain from tinting your windows beyond curb appeal?
The truth is it has much more to do with tinting the windows of your car than just style. In fact, it has many valuable features whose advantages go far beyond its cosmetics. A list of advantages that tinting your windows can offer is given below.Have a look at Tint World-San Antonio Car Audio for more info on this.
Tinting decreases the infra-red rays that penetrate your vehicle. This will minimise the vehicle’s interior heat by up to 60 percent, saving on air conditioning and fuel costs in turn.
Tinting also prevents the entry of dangerous ultra violet lights into your car by up to 99%.
Tinting will prevent car upholstery from premature cracking or fading by absorbing or reflecting a good portion of light entering the vehicle.
Security in Safety
In the event of an accident, tinted windows would keep broken glass together, protecting occupants from splintered glass and the consequent impact.
Tinted windows produce less eye pressure for the driver of the vehicle. Because of the headlights, heat, and other aspects of nature, it can also help minimise glare.
Privacy is Privacy
Window tinting can help hide the contents of your vehicles to deter possible criminal activity.
While there are many advantages to window tinting, it can also include certain insignificant disadvantages that can eventually turn a number of customers away. Below is a list of possible drawbacks that your windows could have from window tinting.
- Dark tinting will dramatically decrease the visibility of the driver while potentially cultivating a dangerous atmosphere while driving at night.
- Visibility can be significantly diminished by old age and eye position inside and outside the vehicle. Tinting windows will distort impaired vision further.
- It was known to wear polarised sunglasses to create visual patterns on the window itself.
- Tinting will bubble, peel, or crack over time taking down the value and appeal of your vehicles.
- I discussed above how in the event of an auto accident, tinted glass will hold together, but there is another side of the problem. Most vehicles are fitted with safety glass that in the event of an accident, is intended to break away” Adding tinting material to safety glass can cause injuries in accidents or even exacerbate them by interfering with “breaking away” glass.
- What state has its own regulations in the U.S. regarding window tinting laws. Some countries have also banned window tinting entirely, attributing the regulations to concerns of public safety. Depending on the specifics of the case, fines will vary anywhere from fifty to five hundred dollars. If asked, most shops will include a certificate of legal compliance.