Would you rather pursue natural pest-control methods before calling a professional? Are you looking for an environmentally friendly way to get rid of pests in and around your home? We’ve compiled a list of DIY pest extermination tips that you can use at home to get rid of these invasive insects and rodents in a healthy and natural manner. Learn more about Team Veterans Pest Control.
Preventative Methods for Natural Pest Management
Preventing rodents from entering your home is the first step toward effective pest control. It is easier to handle pests until they invade your home than it is to wait until you have a full-fledged infestation on your hands. Here are a few things you can do at home to keep bugs and rodents at bay.
The following are some do-it-yourself pest control ideas from our pest extermination experts:
- Replace old foundation vents with new foundation vents that are correctly fitted and functional.
- Fill in cracks in the foundation and attic of your house.
- Fill in any gaps around windows and doors with caulk.
- Ensure that you empty your garbage on a regular basis.
- All of your food and beverages should be kept in airtight containers.
- Trim back plants and trees around your building.
- Mow your lawn and keep weeds at bay on a daily basis.
- Remove any stagnant water from your front or backyard.
- Wipe off the kitchen counters on a daily basis.
- Refrigerate any ripe fruit.
- Sweep and clean the floors on a daily basis.
- Fix any leaking faucets in your house.
- Maintain as much dryness as possible in your bathroom.
Insects and rodents would not be drawn to your property if you perform these basic household chores. Insects like dirty, wet conditions, so making sure your home is safe, dry, and well-maintained on a regular basis will ensure long-term pest control.
If you need additional assistance, make an appointment with a pest control expert.
Have you tried the natural pest control methods mentioned above but still have a problem with pests? If this is the case, contact the local pest control specialist to learn more about how they can use Integrated Pest Management strategies to control pest problems. Integrated Pest Management techniques incorporate systemic and non-pesticide solutions with low-volume pesticide applications to control pest problems. Regardless of where you live, a highly-trained and educated specialist would know how to use very safe techniques to exterminate pest on properties in your home.